August 28, 2011

Top of Utah Half Marathon


Andrea bringing it home to win the Top of Utah half-marathon in a new PR of 1:17:52

Yesterday we ran the Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon up in Logan. This has become one of the more competitive races in Utah, and yesterday's edition did not disappoint everyone who came out to watch.

Andrea emerged victorious again, winning her 3rd half-marathon of the year in 1:17:52 (a new PR). I had a battle on my hands against Paul Petersen, and he came out on top, but I still finished in 1:05:40, the fastest I have ever run 13.1 miles BY FAR! We are pretty pleased with how things are going... these are exciting times for us!

We've written up full race reports on our fast running blogs, and they are linked below. Check those out to see how the races played out. The Herald Journal also wrote a nice article about the race, so I've linked that as well, and then put up some pictures...

Article from the Herald Journal: "Half Marathon Showdown at TOU"

Jake's Full Race Recap
Andrea's Full Race Recap


Start of the race... you can't miss those ViziPro singlets!


Out on the course


Andrea on the course


Final stretch


Acknowledging the crowd with some sort of weird 3 finger salute. I'm not sure what I am doing at the end of long races sometimes :-)




The tape waiting for Andrea...

Andrea breaking the tape on her 3rd half-marathon victory this year


All smiles!

Paul and I chatting in the finishing chute

Team Saucony post race

Andrea and I with our awards

2 comments:

  1. Great work again guys! If I'm not mistaken, Jake, that's 40 seconds off the qualifying standard. Awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick. I think the 1:05 standard is a lot tougher for me to hit than 2:19, but I'm going to Long Beach CA in October for a flat, sea level half-marathon, and I'm going to at least give it a shot before I run another marathon in November.

    ReplyDelete